Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Book 7 (aka Super Hideous Edition #1) is live

I finished The Twins and Their Rock-Star Babysitter, read it 15 more times, and published it. So now there's a Kindle version  (which didn't like my dingbats so the clover at every chapter heading is showing up as an "A" šŸ˜ ) and a paperback version with my spiffy GAN-and-vector-graphics cover.

buy Kindle or paperback book here

I ordered a copy of the paperback and I will read it AGAIN and check for any typos. (To correct and re-publish. If you buy the Kindle edition and I later correct mistakes, you can update your copy by going to your Digital Content on Amazon and click "check for updates" and then "update" and it will fix them).

Also, I just noticed in Book 5 I didn't turn off the hyphenation in the paragraph styles. Hopefully won't detract from the reading experience. I am obsessive about formatting, or at least about things that annoy me as a reader.

here's a chart a made of character in Book 7 (I love playing with GAN so I made all the main characters including ones that are Piper or Tobias in disguise).

Piper looks slightly different as Maeve - she is described as having copper hair and grey eyes (Piper has green eyes and ruby-red hair). Tobias first appears as Mr. Riordan, the rock star's agent. I kept picturing that character as a young Greg Proops (because he's nifty, Kittens McTavish*) so I tried to tweak the GAN as much as possible to make him Proops-y. I guess I could've uploaded an actual photo of him and used that but I feel weird doing that. Even though it's not uploading a photo, because the GAN "reads" the photo and gives you an approximation that you can then tweak. (I was going to do that with Fallon's grandfather in Book 2, because in my mind he looks like Creed Bratton... as an evil sorcerer).


 OH, another thing I did was make Saccharin Valley Twits a "series" on KDP. So it's official ("It's official... I can't have children" ~Debbie Downer, LOL)

* and also because I occasionally insert Whose Line honeys into my stories, because instead of making up a character's features to describe, I describe a person who already exists


No comments:

Post a Comment